Submissions Open Nov. 1-30 2017
Omnium Gatherum is a small press dedicated to publishing unique dark fantasy, weird fiction and horror in print and ebook formats. For this submission period, we are interested in reading series. We'd be especially interested in a novella series. The first book should be complete and the others outlined. While it's not our first choice, we will also read stand alone novels. To submit your manuscript for consideration for publication in 2018, please send a cover letter with your publishing credits, social media links, a description suitable for the back cover of the book and a list of your three favorite books published in 2017. After applying standard manuscript formatting to your complete manuscript, save as .a doc or .docx file and send as an attachment via email to:
We are looking for stories that twist the conventions of horror, fantasy or weird fiction in a new and interesting ways. The best way to get an idea of what we like is to read several Omnium Gatherum titles. We'd love to see stories with characters with cultural backgrounds not often explored in fantasy/horror/weird fiction and supernatural beings other than werewolves, vampires and zombies. P.S. No one has sent me a supernatural western yet. I sure would like one of those.
All submissions must include:
1. A cover letter including publishing credits. Links to Amazon or publisher's sites, if available, are appreciated.
2. A list of your social media links. These include sites like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Goodreads This is very important! Please don't skip this step.
3. A description suitable for the back cover of the book. This should be one or two paragraphs and written in present tense.
4. The complete manuscript with standard manuscript formatting and saved as .doc or .docx file.
Standard manuscript formatting:
- Letter-size pages 8 1/2 x 11
- 1 inch margins
- 12 point serif font (Time s Roman or Courier)
- First word of a paragraph indented .5 (1/2) inch
- No spaces between paragraphs
- Numbered pages
- Author information including name, address, phone number and email address in the top left corner of the first page (single-spaced)
- Author name and book title in the header and the title of manuscript on the first page
- Do not use tabs or spaces to indent paragraphs
- Do not use hard paragraph breaks at the end of each line.
For help formatting your document you can email email@example.com and request a free ebook copy of Formatting Manuscripts for Submission to Publishers and Agents. Or you can purchase a print copy on Amazon,
Word count guidelines:
- Novel: Stories 50,000 words or more
- Novella: Stories between 17,500 and 50,000 words
- Novelette: Stories between 7,500 and 17,500 words
- Short Story: Stories less than 7,500 words
*please note we are only accepting novel series, novella series and stand alone novels during the Nov. submission period. We are not accepting collections, anthologies, poetry, non-fiction or short stories.